Here are the latest COVID-19 updates in downtown Texas for Wednesday, September 15th.
AUSTIN, Texas: KVUE will keep you up to date with the latest news on coronavirus and COVID-19 in the Austin area.
Scroll down to see the headlines and the latest updates from KVUE’s September 15 live blog.
- Texas: More than 3.2 million cases have been reported in the state and more than 59,190 people in Texas have died, according to the Texas State Department of Health Services.
- Central Texas Counties:
- Austin-Travis County: The seven-day moving average for admissions to new hospitals is 57 and an average of 524 people are admitted. The seven-day moving average for new cases is 498. Since the beginning of the pandemic, more than 110,733 cases have been reported and at least 1,035 people have died.
- Hays County: There are currently 1,871 active cases and 57 people are currently hospitalized (55 unvaccinated, 2 vaccinated). Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 27,213 confirmed cases have been reported and at least 340 people have died. At least 25,002 people have recovered from the virus.
- Williamson County: There are 340 new cases of coronavirus in Williamson County. Thirteen percent of hospital beds and 1% of ICU beds are available. Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 57,981 cases have been reported and at least 583 people have died.
- Central Texas School Districts:
- Austin ISD: As of September 14, there were a total of 44 new COVID-19 cases (35 students, 8 employees, 1 other) and a total of 187 new exposures (185 students, 2 employees, 0 more). Since August 16, there have been 748 accumulated positive cases (593 students, 147 employees, 8 more) and 4,406 cumulative exposures (4,331 students, 65 employees, 10 others).
- Round Rock ISD: As of September 14, there are 73 new positive cases (60 students, 13 employees) and 467 new “close contacts” (436 students, 31 employees). There were 1,079 positive cumulative cases (945 students, 134 employees) and 10,383 total accumulated “close contacts” (9,514 students, 869 employees).
- Leander ISD: During the week of September 11-17 there were 84 positive cases in total. There were 1,187 positive cases accumulated.
- Pflugerville ISD: During the week of September 11-17, there were a total of 50 positive cases. There were 709 accumulated positive cases.
- Hays CISD: As of September 14, there are 210 cases of active students and 30 cases of active staff. There were a total of 539 cumulative cases of students and 105 cumulative cases of staff.
- Texas Public Schools (Course 2021-22; updated on Fridays with data from Monday to Sunday before)
- Accumulated cases of positive students: 73,749, compared to 60,527 on August 29
- Accumulated cases of positive staff: 16,213, compared to 14,377 on 29 August
To view COVID-19 data in all counties in the state, click here. KVUE tracks COVID-19 data from five Central Texas school districts. Many school districts have their own COVID-19 board.
GRAPHICS: Coronavirus data as of September 14, 2021
Please check again for updates throughout the day.
I’LL SEE: The Austin pharmacist receives 300 prescriptions of ivermectin daily
“There is no choice but to cancel” Michael Bublé cancels Austin’s performance due to disagreement
The Austin pharmacist receives 300 prescriptions of ivermectin daily
CHECK: Yes, USPS workers will need to be vaccinated, but not under the executive order of federal workers
According to the report, funeral homes that spill blood from corpses down the drain without Austin Water knowing