Here are the latest COVID-19 updates in downtown Texas for Tuesday, September 7th.
AUSTIN, Texas: KVUE will keep you up to date with the latest news on coronavirus and COVID-19 in the Austin area.
Scroll down to see the top headlines and the latest live blog updates from KVUE on September 7th.
- Texas: More than 3.1 million cases have been reported in the state and more than 57,100 people in Texas have died, according to the Texas State Department of Health Services.
- Central Texas Counties:
- Austin-Travis County: The seven-day moving average for admissions to new hospitals is 66 and an average of 597 people are hospitalized. The seven-day moving average for new cases is 529. Since the beginning of the pandemic, more than 105,988 cases have been reported and at least 979 people have died.
- Hays County: There are currently 2,111 active cases and 56 people are currently hospitalized (46 unvaccinated, 11 vaccinated). Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 25,838 confirmed cases have been reported and at least 324 people have died. At least 23,403 people have recovered from the virus.
- Williamson County: There are 395 new cases of coronavirus in Williamson County. Eleven percent of hospital beds and 0 percent of ICU beds are available. Since the beginning of the pandemic, at least 54,620 cases have been reported and at least 556 people have died.
- Central Texas School Districts:
- Austin ISD: As of September 3, there were a total of 180 new COVID-19 cases (148 students, 30 employees, 2 more) and a total of 918 new exposures (902 students, 11 employees, 5 more). As of August 16, there have been 501 cumulative positive cases (397 students, 98 employees, 6 more) and 3,242 cumulative exposures (3,181 students, 52 employees, 9 more).
- Round Rock ISD: As of September 3, there are 56 new positive cases (54 students, 2 employees) and 547 new “close contacts” (503 students, 44 employees). There were 638 cumulative positive cases (550 students, 88 employees) and 6,652 cumulative “close contacts” (5,901 students, 751 employees).
- Leander ISD: During the week of September 4 to 10 there were 0 positive cases in total. There were 916 positive cases accumulated.
- Pflugerville ISD: During the week of September 6-10, there were 0 positive cases in total. There were 498 accumulated positive cases.
- Hays CISD: There have been a total of 144 cumulative cases of students and 46 cumulative cases of staff.
- Texas Public Schools (Course 2021-22; updated on Fridays with data from Monday to Sunday before)
- Accumulated cases of positive students: 51,904, compared to 20,256 on 27 August
- Accumulated cases of positive staff: 13,026, compared to 7,488 on 27 August
To view COVID-19 data in all counties in the state, click here. KVUE tracks COVID-19 data from five Central Texas school districts. Many school districts have their own COVID-19 board.
GRAPHICS: Coronavirus data as of September 6, 2021
6 h – Burnet CISD closes all campuses today and tomorrow due to COVID-19. The district said this includes a suspension of all extracurricular events and practices. He will ask his board to approve a change to the calendar, so September 27th and October 11th will become student days.
I’LL SEE: Advocates: Behind the Mid-Texas Nursing Shortage
City of Taylor is moving forward with a $ 17 billion deal from Samsung’s semiconductor plant
LIST: Central Texas school closures due to COVID-19
The search for the missing Lake Travis swimmer goes into recovery mode
Texas Nurses Association on how your increased COVID-19 hospitalization affects your care