September 13, 2021
In anticipation of the next application and the resulting contract for STAR CHIP, the Commission on Human and Health Services (HHSC) invites the managed care organizations that would be eligible to receive the STAR CHIP contract award (potential respondents ) to participate in a pre-application meeting with Medicaid staff, legal and contracting staff.
Meetings are limited to 30 minutes and will allow potential respondents the opportunity to:
- Enter the capabilities of your business and the benefits of providing services.
- Provide opinions and recommendations on the HHSC acquisition process.
- Provide input and recommendations on future contracts.
The agenda of the meeting is strictly limited to these issues and there will be limited interaction between program staff and supplier representatives in accordance with HHSC’s Supplier Interaction Policy (PDF).
Meetings will be scheduled from September 27 to October 7, 2021 and will be held virtually using Microsoft Teams or an equivalent virtual method. After October 7, HHSC will stop discussing the hiring of STAR CHIP with potential respondents.
To sign up for a time slot, email PCS DEC with your three preferred time slots and we’ll work with you to get the meeting scheduled. Time slots will be reserved in order of arrival. Available dates and times are:
- Monday, Sept. 27: 9 a.m., 9:45 p.m., 10:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 29: 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 4 p.m.
- Thursday, September 30: 1 p.m., 1:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m., 3:15 p.m., 4 p.m.
- Friday, October 1: 2 p.m., 2:45 p.m.
- Monday, October 4: 9:00 a.m., 9:45 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 11:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 5: 10:30, 11:15, 13:00, 14:30
- Wednesday, October 6: 9:00 am, 9:45 am, 10:30 am, 11:15 am
- Thursday, October 7: 2 p.m., 2:45 p.m.
These meetings do not constitute a call for proposals, a commitment to carry out a contract or a contract or potential contract offer. HHSC will not award any contract as a result of these meetings. HHSC will not be responsible for costs incurred by vendors in preparing for and participating in these meetings.
HHSC encourages and looks forward to your participation.