Michael Bublé cancels Texas concert after site does not extend COVID protocols: “There is no other option”

Michael Buble

Michael Buble

Samir Hussein / WireImage

Michael Bublé has abandoned one of his next tour dates after failing to reach an agreement with a venue about his COVID-19 protocols.

On Monday, the 46-year-old Canadian singer announced he was canceling the “One Night with Michael Bublé” concert scheduled for Sept. 20 in Austin, Texas. While apologizing to his fans and sharing his initial enthusiasm for acting in the area, Bublé said he had “no other choice.”

“I’m not a political person,” the singer shared Twitter. “My commitment to complete my tour after all the postponements was agreed to with conditions that would not endanger a single person. The protocols were and remain in place for all of my upcoming shows to ensure that no one is endangered. .. “

He continued, “Even though we tried, unfortunately I couldn’t facilitate this for my Austin program. There was no choice but to cancel. My conscience and my heart wouldn’t allow it.”

RELATED: Michael Bublé postpones the tour days before the start amid the coronavirus pandemic: “Be well everyone”

The concert took place at the Frank Erwin Center at the University of Texas. According to the facility’s safety protocols detailed on its website, the university has recommendations on face masks and social distancing, along with additional cleaning and sanitation practices.

“While the University of Texas relies on the safety and health protocols and procedures that exist for large-scale events, we are not in a position to expand on those that Michael Bublé requested,” a Frank Center statement said. Erwin.

According to the university, fans who have purchased tickets for the canceled show will be refunded within 30 days.

Michael Buble

Michael Buble

Don Arnold / WireImage

Never miss a story – sign up for GENTfree daily newsletter to keep up to date with the best of what people have to offer, from juicy news about celebrities to compelling stories of human interest.

Last month, Bublé announced on social media which would implement strict COVID-19 protocols for all attendees at its September and October shows. All guests must submit a full vaccination test at least two weeks prior to the event or provide a negative COVID test performed within 72 hours of the event, including children 12 years of age or younger.

“I want to make sure all attendees understand and accept the precautions that developers and buildings have set for all of my shows,” he wrote.

The singer has several other upcoming shows throughout the fall, and will reach more cities in the United States, United Kingdom, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Chile.


Credit – https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/michael-bubl-cancels-texas-concert-143107228.html