The Texas Far State is back with a big “HOWDY,” everyone!
From From September 24 to Sunday, October 17, 2021, you will be able to experience a festive piece of the history of our great state.
After nearly two years without this basic element of Texan culture, we’re ready for it all at the Texas Fair – back to Big Tex as we enter the fairgrounds, breathe in the ubiquitous smell of Fletcher’s Corny Dogs, line the line, and go through the wheel of fortune, to see what else they manage to fry … you already get it.
Last year, the Texas State Fair had to cancel its festivities at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Front Burner restaurants made a brave effort to make up for the absence of the iconic Texas Fair food, by making just-inspired sidewalk kits instead of the event itself.
This year, to ensure that the program continues even with growing concerns about current variants of COVID-19, the Texas State Fair is implementing health measures, including vaccines at the fair with $ 20 incentives, courtesy of the Dallas County.
With the year back and the caution in place, the Texas State Fair is infrequent … and attendees are waiting as well.
Since so much time has passed, we thought we would prepare a practical guide to guide you to our beloved Texas fair.
Texas Fair Guide: Tickets
This year there are many ways to enjoy the Texas State Fair. We help you choose the best ticket for you.
(Psst. We are organizing a FREE oneTES one-day FREE GIFT at the Texas State Fair on our social media. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram to enter!)
Regular ticket offers
- 2021 season pass: enjoy the 24 days of the state fair. – $ 50
- 24-day entry to the 2021 Texas State Fair.
- A FREE bringT ticket to take a one-day friend (only valid Monday through Friday).
- Access to all FREE headline concerts yesterday at the Chevrolet Main Stage and 24 days of live music throughout the venue.
- A FREE FlT Flip-a-Chick game at Midway.
- A 10% discount coupon on state fair equipment at official merchandise stores located at the fairgrounds.
- $ 5 off coupon when you buy a State Fair 2020 cookbook and a Best of Show cookbook.
- Available for purchase online at BigTex.com or at the door.
- One day premium ticket: Valid any day of the State Fair, choose the day you want to attend. – $ 24
- One day ticket for any date you choose.
- Available for purchase exclusively online at BigTex.com.
- Combinations of two- and four-packs for premium tickets and food and travel coupons are also available, starting at less than $ 100.
- Monday to Thursday special – Enjoy all the fun of the Fair at a reduced price during the week! – 10-15 dollars
- Adult Daily one-day tickets are available $ 15
- Senior and children Daily one-day tickets are available $ 10
- Tickets can be purchased online or at the door.
- Tickets are is only valid for a preselected date.
Special days with special entry
- Opening day: Friday 24 September
- Bring two jars of peanut butter to give to the North Texas Food Bank for a special promotion and you’ll receive a $ 10 ticket at the door.
- Dr Pepper Value Days – Every Tuesday and Thursday of the Fair
- Buy your admission ticket online for a reduced price of $ 10 the days of Dr. Pepper’s valor. Attendees at the fair must be a Big Tex Insider to receive the promotion code. Sign up now for BigTex.com/Insider.
- North Texas Food Bank, feed the need – Every Wednesday of the Fair
- By bringing five canned foods, visitors to the fair will receive tickets for just $ 5. All canned donations go to the North Texas Food Bank, which helps feed community members.
- Senior Day – Every Thursday of the Fair
- Every Thursday, old people Those over 65 receive half the price at the Fair, per only $ 5.
Deals to look forward to every day at the Texas Fair
The Texas Fair offers Daily one-day ticket between $ 10 and $ 18 for children and seniors, with free admission for children aged two and under.
But after five in the afternoon, every night of the week, visitors receive a reduced general admission. Everyone is a kid at night at the Fair! No matter your age, all guests pay the price of the child after 5 p.m.
Discount coupons are available at participating McDonald’s locations throughout North Texas on trays and inside food bags. With this coupon, any visitor to the fair can save $ 5 off on weekdays and $ 7 off on weekends.
Turned on Military Thanksgiving Day, all active military, retired military and veterans save $ 5 off on weekdays and $ 7 off on weekends when they present valid military service documentation at the door or online. Spouses of men and women on duty who have a valid military spouse’s DNI and who accompany children under the age of 18 also receive a discount on admission.
The State Fair wants to thank the first attendees of our country one day in honor of several active and retired public police, firefighters, paramedics and other emergency services agencies. All first aid can save $ 5 off on weekdays and $ 7 off on weekends when they present a valid ID card or ID card from their department or organization at the door or online, plus up to three discounted tickets for their family members.
And don’t forget the parking lot! Parking prices at the Texas Fair they start at $ 20.
Texas Fair Guide: Food
There’s definitely a penchant for food vendors frying everything at the Texas State Fair (and purists don’t change that for the world).
However, not everything is Corny Dogs and turkey legs. You can also find gourmet and international dishes at the Texas Fair. In addition, this year’s Big Tex Choice Awards participants have been quite creative with the unexpected free year.
- Big Tex Choice Awards – This annual competition features the most creative dishes that The dealers of the State Fair present, in categories of sweet and savory. Unfortunately, this year’s competition will be closed to the public due to safety and health measures. But the Texas fair will announce its winners online.
- Thrifty Thursday – We love a deal! Guests can save on food during Thrifty Thursdays, where participating food vendors offer a signature menu items at a reduced price, ranging from certain full-size foods to miniature versions of the fair’s classic delicacies.
- State Fair Wine Garden – A gem for adults, for sure! For each day of the fair, the best Texas wines come together for everyone to taste; whether red or white, everything is faithful to Texas. The Texas Monthly Stage is at the center, with a program of local talent performances that can’t be beat.
- Celebrity Chef Kitchen – This is where some of Texas ’most beloved chefs gather to show off cooking advice, prepare stellar dishes and (the best part) free samples for the lucky members of the public. Next official schedule
Texas Fair Guide: The Rides
Located at The State Fair Midway, fairgoers will find endless games and games more than 70 attractions, including the iconic Texas Star® Ferris wheel, the 500-ft. Summit of the Texas Tower and the 1914 Dentzel Carousel.
Here are some things to know before heading to the Texas Midway State Fair:
- You need food coupons and state fair rides to pay for trips halfway. They can be bought at the booths of the fairgrounds or online.
- The Kidway area offers attractions suitable for younger children (think they are 2 years old or older).
- You will need to purchase a Big Tex playing card at a booth or kiosk in the area to play any of the games.
Also note: Entry discounts extend to Midway for Exciting Tuesdays, with most trips are offered at a reduced price on Tuesdays!
Go to the Texas State Fair website to find out more and buy tickets. See you at the fair!