Editor’s note: It’s this time again: it’s time to sign up with our best news. Here are five articles that caught our collective attention over the past seven days.
1. Nearby college town is on the list of “vibrant” Texas places that are not Austin. Looking for a cool atmosphere without the crash of Austin stickers? Go just 30 miles down the road.
2. Austin erupted with the largest population growth among the major U.S. metros from 2010 to 2020. Austin recorded the largest population boom in the last decade among the major metros and ranked second among all the subways of the United States, according to the census.
3. Zillow predicts that Austin will become the least affordable subway for home buyers outside of California. Soon Austin will be the least affordable place in the country, except for a few California enclaves.
4. Affordable jet hop-on service launches new flights from Austin to Dallas for $ 129. Texas jet-seters can purchase this new service from ABIA to Dallas Love Field starting in September.
5. Netflix hosts the “biggest reality casting call in history” for a new Austin-based show. The show will go on for 20 years as they navigate Austin’s “new normal”.